We stop around half-way for guests to enjoy a bathroom break, stretch their legs and for the drivers to freshen up and remain focused. We follow the international safety recommendations of a break after approximately 2 hours of driving.
You can take a Limousine bus to and from Ninh Binh, before taking the bus please check the time of the schedule.
NINH BÌNH – HẠ LONG OR HẠ LONG – NINH BÌNH
NINH BÌNH – HẠ LONG
07.00 – 07.30
HẠ LONG – NINH BÌNH
From Cat Ba Island to meet the main cruise, you should wait for us at 12.30 – 13.00 at Gia Luan pier (belongs to the Cat Ba island) where we can pick you up by a speed boat. After that being transferred to the main cruise.
Payment is required to secure your reservation at the time of booking. You can pay by credit card (Visa and Master Card) or via bank transfers and must be received by Big Bay group Management – the owner of Peony cruises.
No, we provide luxury limousine transfers or a private car that will pick you up in the morning from your hotel, take you to Hai Phong and back to Hanoi at the end of the cruise.
All cards are accepted – see payment section for more detail
Yes, you can make the payment at our head office in 16 Thi Sach street, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
Please notify us of any special dietary requirements or food allergies at least one day before your departure date.
Vietnamese style electrical sockets are available in all suites. 220 volts, as is standard throughout hotels in Vietnam. You will need a plug converter if you are not using the same voltage.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions that we should know about please inform us. There is also a doctor on call and The Peony Cruise carries standard first aid equipment. Please ensure you have adequate medical and travel insurance.
Yes, we provide wifi on our cruise and on bus. But some times signal of wifi is not good in some places in Halong Bay
No dress code is imposed onboard Peony Cruises. We advise you to take light garments in Summer, sweaters and/or a jacket in Winter as it can get pretty chilly, especially at night. A raincoat will be useful any time of the year. If you intend to do kayaking, plan to have a change of clothes as you will easily get wet. As for shoes, choose what is appropriate according to the temperatures and bring along trainers/walking shoes for the excursions (visiting caves, hiking, cycling, etc.). Don’t forget your swimsuit!
Halong bay has a humid tropical climate. There are however four seasons in the North. Winter lasts from December to March; temperatures can drop down to 12°C-17°C. Summer is from May until September, mostly sunny but rain showers are frequent as the humidity is higher. Spring and Autumn are nicely warm, October to early December being the best time to visit the area. Travellers to Vietnam and Halong Bay should be aware that the weather is rather unpredictable and can vary greatly even within one single day. However, there is charm and enchantment whether rain or shine: overcast weather and fog make the scenery more mysical and dramatic, bright sun accentuates the various shades of grey of the seascape, etc.
If you haven’t entered the 35th week of your pregnancy by the beginning of the cruise, you are welcome on board. Please advise us how far your pregnancy is and confirm that you are in good health and are not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. Also, please inform us of the status of your pregnancy so that we can take a good care of you. We strongly recommend you to review your health insurance coverage before the cruise.
All cruises in the bay must have permission from Hal Long Local Port Authority to stay overnight in the Bay.
Based on the weather conditions (high winds, monsoon, thunderstorm, cyclone, storm,…), Local Port Authority has the right to cancel all the cruises on the day to guarantee the safety of tourists.
In those cases, following policies will be applied:
– If the cancellation happens before your departure (you have not used any service yet): 100% refund.
– If the cancellation happens during the trip (you have already used some services: transfer, lunch, day trip, hotel in Halong,…): Only the fee of these services will be charged and we will refund you the whole remain amount
– If the trip is cut down from 3 days/2 nights to 2 days/1 night, we will charge as 2 days/1 night trip, including other services you have already used, and refund the remain amount.
– All the cruises in the bay must have permission from Local Port Authority to stay overnight in the Bay.
– The cancellation is announced ONLY by Ha Long Local Port Authority and often in short notice of time. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you can understand.
– The period from May to July is the storm season in Halong Bay. There are many unpredictable weather conditions. Hence, more cruises will be cancelled with short notice during this season.
– Please contact our consultants directly for any urgent help. We are here to support you the best we can!
We welcome enquiries from guests with disabilities. Please contact us directly so we can discuss it in details.
No, smoking inside the boat is prohibited But Smokers are only allowed on the top deck or at balcony
We have a child’s play area with games and toys. Parents can use our babysitting services